Thursday, April 9, 2009

Lots of Layouts, Wonderful Weekend

So last weekend I went on my first scrapbook retreat. It was fabulous. I can't wait to go back. Heather from Younique has a wonderful thing going there. She has done a fantastic job. Not only can she accomodate 8 scrappers for the weekend (2 nights) she can accomodate a few scrappers through the day as well. She makes terrific homemade meals and has all the little extras, like chocolates on your pillow, a Tassimo machine and lotions/bodywash to take home. She also has a scrappy store in her house. If you ever get a chance to go, I would highly recommend it! WARNING! Be prepared to have lots of fun, not get alot of sleep, and either get lots of scrappy layouts done, or maybe not! ;) LOL
So here is what I got done. I can actually say that this retreat was a good thing for me. Quite an accomplishment for me actually, I got 7 layouts done and started an 8th. The following are photos I took of this marvelous country retreat, the bright yellow school bus, (I mean Scrappy room) , the store, the friends I went with and a few home decor details that I loved.

So that's it in a nut shell. Another busy weekend ahead, Easter plans and all. I hope everyone enjoys their long weekend!

10 comments:

ellen s. said...

what great layouts and photos! i love how you put elements over the photos

Jocelyn said...

It looks like you had a great time!!!! The Lo's are just wonderful and is it not the best to take a little time for yourself and recharge the battery!!! Wishing you and your family a Blessed Holiday~!~~

Joli said...

Looks like you had a great time Laina. Awesome pages!

I have to say the wire dear head id hilarious!!!

Joli said...

(It should say is hilarious)

Natalie said...

Wow! What a great place to go to play!! Your layouts are beautiful and I love all the details! I will definitely come back and check it out again. Love that wire sculpture, very cool.
Have a great weekend!

Audrey Pettit said...

Aren't retreats just the MOST fun? I've been lucky enough to get away on a couple of them, and I enjoyed every minute. I think you managed to get quite a lot done. Love your pages.
Hope you have a wonderful Easter weekend!

Rosa said...

Wow Laina. You sure know your way around a layout! Great job!

Nicole said...

Great eye candy! I LOVE what you did with the ribbon on the first lo! Very cool!

hayleycreates said...

Love the Layouts! Looks like a really nice place to have a retreat! I'm so Jealous!

Lisa said...

I wanna go! What a great place to retreat and scrap! Love the layouts! You were sooo productive! :)