Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I Simply Cannot WAIT!

So what has everyone been up too? Me? I whole host of things of course. First off I have made a new addition to the scrappy room. What do you think? I got the idea from the CMK forum and simply fell in love with this photo. Rebecca is the owner of Pink Paislee, did you notice all those Pink Paislee alpha goodies on her wall? To die for! I have a thing for alpha stickers too. But since I am becoming so limited on space I have several stickers on each ring. I kinda sorted them by colour, company and size.
As for my "simply cannot wait" comment I will be going away to my first ever scrapbooking retreat this weekend with 7 other ladies 4 whom are good friends the others I don't know. I have been to one overnight crop before at The Great Lakes Mega Meet in Novi, Michigan a few years ago which of course was fabulous, but that included the classes and the shopping through the day with only scrapbooking at night and of course you couldn't crop til the wee hours of the morning if you were on a roll! You know what I'm talkin' about?! :) So I have been trying to be as organized as I can while packing my treasures and trying to not bring it all! NOT AN EASY TASK I SAY! LOL I really want this time to be productive though so sometimes less is more right? Okay who am I kidding? I need...sorry want it all! :)

While I was packing I was inspired to do this layout.


I'm ready to pump out the layouts this weekend! :) We will also making a quick stop at a few scrappy stores on the way there and back so needless to say I'm very pumped about this trip. If you are looking for a great weekend retreat I highly recommend this place the price is perfect and the food I understand is fab and the service and little details are impecable! Check it out here.

Oh I almost forgot! One other small addition to this post. The Paper Passion has launched their forum! Very cool! I can tell you it is already shaping up into a great little community and is a great place to hang your hat!

9 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

You sticker storage looks great! I'm seriously thinking about doing the same thing you did for storing your punches...
I love that layout, Laina!!
Have fun at your retreat!!

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

I love your sticker storage! I have something similar using a towel rack. Now I need to see what you did with your punches!
Have a great time on you scrappy retreat! That sounds like a blast!

Daniela Dobson said...

Love your sticker storage. I have to get all mine out when I am looking for something. Have fun at your retreat!!!

Jocelyn said...

Love the storage!!!! Fabulous, I need to do this!!!! Sounds like a fun time at the scrapping retreat!!! I wish I were going!!!! Hope you have a ton of fun and get lots of LO's completed!!! Stop by for a visit!!!!!

Renee Lamb said...

ooh, what fabulous sticker storage!! I'd love to that for all my premade embellies and stuff. hmmm..may have to do that in my new house!!! And I'm so jealous of your retreat! sounds like it's going to be a BLAST! I hope you have loads of fun!! GREAT layout too --- that is one reason I don't mind organizing sometimes....there are those moments where it just gets the mojo flowin' ...anyway have a fantastic weekend!! hugs!

hayleycreates said...

I love had you actually took something you saw and made it work for you instead of just filing it away for sometime in the future! Very Cool!

Sheri said...

Enjoy your weekend away! I know you will!!! :)

Rosa said...

Great layout! Hope you had a way too much fun weekend!

Lisa said...

Terrific job on the sticker storage. Hope you have a blast at the retreat. And I expect to see photos of lots of complete pages upon your return...lol!