Monday, January 12, 2009

I'm Excited for Mail this Week!

I came about to wonderful finds last week that I'm really excited about. One is a new Canadian online store that I really liked called The Paper Passion. I love the name. They are having a great deal on shipping right now, only $5 for all standard sized orders U.S. or Canadian until January 25th. How great is that?
Secondly, I came about two awesome new Cricut Cartridges called Graphically Speaking and Storybook. Thing is I know they aren't brand new. They came out in the summer, BUT to me it was a hidden secret. As I'm sure many of you have experienced if you own a cricut that you usually can't just pick cartridges up at your LSS. Pretty much only the big box stores carry them because they are so costly but the closest Michael's to me is an hour away. So we rely mostly on the internet for ordering, or at least for browsing and then I can place an order for one at the LSS that I work at.
Now what started me even looking in the first place is now my Step Mom got a Cricut for Christmas (thanks to me) :) and she wants to build her collection so we can swap cartridges. So I started the hunt for some good deals. Made a list of possibles and went from there. I usually tend to like font cartridges more then graphic ones. When I came upon the Graphically Speaking Cartridge there wasn't much detail on what it offered. It only showed a few pictures. I liked what I saw, but wanted to see more! So I googled it. WOW was I pleasantly surprised! Do you guys have any idea what this cartridge can do?????? Here are some pictures, are you ready to fall in love? First Graphically Speaking:

Secondly Storybook:

ENDLESS POSSIBILITIES HERE! Are you as amazed as I am??? How fun! These cartridges totally out do any other cartridge that Provo Craft has come out with, in my opinion. The features are packed with extra graphics! Did you see the borders? Florishes made into borders and also the whole series of numbers too! How about that owl! :) He makes me smile. See the new shapes that would be perfect for journalling cards? I could go on about them forever! I truly believe that Provo Craft under marketed these babies! Or I've been living under a rock!

11 comments:

Lori Renn said...

Are those for the Cricut Expression? I don't know much about die-cut machines but I saw an infomercial for one yesterday and I want it! Those cartridges look so great!

TheShermanFam said...

These look awesome!!! That is a pretty incredible selection!! Can't wait to see what you pick first!

Susan Coish said...

I LOVE my cricut!! It is endless, the possibilities!! But..I've never seen those fonts before. Is that a different kind of Cricut?

scrappygirl said...

Liana--go to Oh my Crafts website--they have great deals on Cricut & cuttlebug. I bought a Cricut Expression--LOVE IT!!!!!! I have to get me hands on that graphically speaking for sure!

Audrey Pettit said...

LOL! You are hooked, I can tell! Sounds like you need to do some shopping!

Anonymous said...

you are kidding me, right? I need them like NOW

Leigh Penner said...

Wow, this looks so cool, Laina!
Enjoy!!

Jenn aka boysmama said...

very cool....tons of possibilities. Have fun with that!! :)

Daniela Dobson said...

I have so many of these digial images, papers, journaling blocks...that I have collected and want to use. Most of my time is spent looking for something then trying to print it.....as much as I love the idea i just can't get it together.

Chrys said...

I still don't have a die cut machine....but every so often I think about getting one...today is one of those days! :) :) ;)

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

Don't you just love good mail weeks!!!
Those options look so amazing! I am sure you will have fun no matter if you get one or both! Just make sure to share your creations with us!!!