Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Just Struck a Cord

HAPPY 2009! Here is pic from New Year's Eve at the big bash we went too. Good times!


I have been having some trouble coming up with what I wanted my first post of the year to consist of. Still working on the idea of what my new years resolutions should be. Then it hit me. Really there are two main things I want to do. Lose weight and create more. Period. Do I have lots of goals? Yes, have a wrote them down? No. But then a very dear friend of mine today sent out this email and it just struck a cord with me.


A NEW YOU in 2009

1) Take a 10-30 minute walk every day, and while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.

2) Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Buy a lock if you have to.

3) Always pray, eat right and always make time to exercise.

4) Spend more time with people over the age of 70 and under the age of six.

5) Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less foods that are manufactured.

6) Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat broccoli, almonds and walnuts.

7) Make at least three people smile each day.

8) Clear your clutter from your house, car, desk and let new and flowing energy into your life.

9) Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead, invest your energy in the positive present moment called "NOW".

10) Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class, but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.

11) Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a layman and dinner like a beggar.

12) Life isn't fair, but it's still good. 13) Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.

14) Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.

15) You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.

16) Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present. ALL YOU HAVE IS NOW!

17) Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.

18) Go on and burn those 'special' scented candles, use the 600 thread count sheets, the good china and wear fancy clothes now. Stop waiting for a special occasion. TODAY IS SPECIAL!
19) No one is in charge of your happiness except you. Don't Worry ... Be Happy! IT's A CHOICE! 20) Frame every so-called disaster with these words: 'In five years, will this matter?'

21) Forgive everyone for everything.

22) What other people think of you is none of your business.

23) Time heals almost everything. Give time, time!

24) However good or bad a situation is, it will change.

25) Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and family will. Stay in touch with them.

26) Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.

27) Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need. God provides, remember?

28) The best is yet to come.

29) No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.

30) Do the right thing!

31) Call your family often.

32) Each night before you go to bed, complete the following statements:
'God, I am so very thankful for __________.' 'Today I accomplished _________.'
33) Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.

34) Enjoy the ride. Remember that this is not Disney World and you certainly don't want a fast pass. You only have one ride through life so make the most of it and enjoy the ride.
LIVE, LOVE, LAUGH LIFE'S A gift. That's why now is called the PRESENT ... UNWRAP IT!


That sure sums it up doesn't it? It just spoke to me, about a better life, about a better me. A lot of great words here. Here's to everyone goals or resolutions and making 2009 great!

7 comments:

ashlee said...

i MUST make this list myself!
i love #18...i need to burn those yummy candle too:)

Lori Renn said...

I love this list!! Do you mind if I post it (and give you all the credit, of course!!) I love the smile when you walk one. I sing along with my iPod when I walk. I look like a freak but I don't care!

Audrey Pettit said...

Such a great post! I really do love this list.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I love, love, love this list, Laina. I'm going to copy it and put it on my fridge I think. It's wonderful and so, so true!! TFS! And may God bless you in 2009!!

Anonymous said...

Just love your blog Laina! Good luck in 2009 with all your resolutions!

Anonymous said...

that's quite an amazingly cool list!!! love it!happy 2009!

Daniela Dobson said...

Wow, awesome list!!!