Sunday, February 1, 2009

New Do and other Exciting News!

So this past weekend (I know if is almost Friday!) I got a manicure, a massage and my hair cut and had my low lights done. Boy does that look better! A girl, just has to do what a girls gotta do sometimes! (giggle) :)
I'm very busily working on my new venture and hope to share really soon! Promise not to keep you waiting too much longer :) That is if I don't come down too sick! I'm feeling a little under the weather today and I don't know if I'm getting something or just a little run down because of all this stuff going on. My fingers are crossed as I don't have time to be sick! I have a class to teach at Crop Til You Drop this weekend and I don't want to miss that. We will be doing those cute little Let it Snow blocks that I did at the end of last year. As for my other exciting news I have an opportunity to upgrade my camera. While I was at an event this weekend an acquaintance made note that I was using a Canon S1 IS. He has the Canon S5 IS. He only bought it just over a year ago and it came out in the summer of 2007. He is looking to upgrade it already as he has his eye on something else. He is willing to sell it to me with a filter (which I do not currently have) for $180. I do not need a new camera, but with techology improvements and additional new features, who could pass that deal up? I'm quite excited. Mind you I have to figure out how to come up with the $180 because of Ken being underemployed right now (only working PT rather than FT) I can't justify taking that money out of the budget. So I have to be creative. I'm hoping between my class on Saturday and the sale of a few things around the house and some scrappy stuff on facebook I can swing it. Wish me luck! :) One more note, I'm posting from work right now as we do not have internet at home at all right now. We have been having trouble with it for over a month and things just keep getting worse not better. Now I'm going to be taking my computer in to be looked at to see if there are any problems there. Please pray that it isn't anything expensive. That is the last thing we need right now.

6 comments:

Cindy S. said...

I love your new do! and I hope that you can snag that camera! My fingers are crossed for you!

Amy W. said...

look at you girlie! love your hair. hope your well very soon and i'm looking forward to hearing about your venture.

the camera sounds like a deal that can't be passed up...hope you gather the funds for it! :)

Amy

scrappygirl said...

I just LOVE your new look! I will see it in person on Sat--I work at CTYD. See you then!

Daniela Dobson said...

Love your new do! I am growing my hair out, after 6 years of short hair.
What is this new venture you are talking about, can't wait to find out.
I hope you feel better.

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

I am sorry to hear about the computer problems! I hope you get things straightened out soon!
I hope you don't get sick!
I love your new do!
And I'm still waiting for you news!!!

And I know you computer is working well but I hope you can play along because I just tagged you on my blog!

crazy4scrappin said...

Hey sorry Laina..just getting to this..love the new doo and glad you had some ME time.
Your new venture will turn out great....you are always so motivated!!!