Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

So did you remember to wear your green today? I did, at least the little green I have! Which is funny because green is my second favourite colour after brown. I just don't seem to have much of it in the way of clothes. Now if you were to see me at a crop you would see just how much I do like green. These are my scrappy totes.
And when I got my Miche purse last weekend I couldn't resist this one:
I don't really even have anything to match with it, except my scrappy totes and I didn't even think about them matching when I bought it! LOL But I did want something that was springy feeling and this colour fit the bill!

I wanted to share the layout I did last weekend with my new Pink Paislee goodies. This is Fetching from the Winsome Collection. I also added some chipboard diecut goodies from Fancy Pants The Daily Grind Line. It went so well together. Isn't that fish the cutest!?!? I just realized that I didn't date it! That is what I was going to do on the sticker that says "note".


Since it is the kids March Break, I will be working half days for tomorrow and Thursday and taking Friday off for my birthday! (Ken has not been working Mondays and Fridays and doesn't start work until Tuesday night at 11:00PM) so he has been off with them yesterday and today. Braydn is old enough to babysit now, and has successfully completed the baby sitting course but we are only just adjusting to this change in babysteps. Besides I don't think it is fair that he need to be responsible for his little brother for a whole day, (and it gives me the opportunity for some time off) ;) But since Ken is only working part time, we can't afford for me to take the full 2 days off. So wish me luck that the kids survive tomorrow and Thursday...on the bright side they aren't completely alone, as Ken will be sleeping but I hope they don't keep him up either! He will definitely need his ear plugs! LOL

4 comments:

Danielle Holsapple said...

Awesome layering on that layout! FUN! And I adore your new purse - I love green too!

Michelle StClair said...

That layout is fantastic. The fish is just so so cute!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

Laina, I have to tell you first thing that you have my exact same favorite colors! Isn't that funny? I rarely meet anyone who loves brown as their favorite. But I LOVE, LOVE me some brown, and green is next.
Your page is gorgeous! I love the design so much. That strip down the middle is awesome....I was trying to do something similar on a page yesterday, but it wasn't working for me. lol. Love the photo arrangement and the cute wave and fish accents. We are doing that paper line in our April kit, and I cannot wait to start playing with it. So adorable!
Hope everything goes super well today with the kiddos and your sleeping hubby. Enjoy your day off tomorrow for your birthday!

Leigh Penner said...

Love the layout, Laina! That fish is adorable and I can't wait to get some of that Pink Paislee pp!!
I have the same large MM tote, but the handle broke off when I was carrying it down the stairs. Hmmm, could it be that I maybe had too much stuff in it??
LOL! Love that you new purse cover matches your totes! Just dress in black and have your bags be your accents!