Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Yes it is March!

So what's new? I definitely have spring fever! Can't wait for it! I've been still very busy lately and March is going to be no exception. It will be even busier! I have alot to look forward to in March. Firstly, my birthday comes in March, I was born on the first day of spring/last day of winter. I like to think of it as the first day of spring though ;)

On Monday, Elliott and I went to London for the day for allergy testing. As we expected he is allergic to cats and very allergic to dust mites! (those things really gross me out and I hate to think about them!) This is such an "aw ha" moment for us though as he always seemed to have trouble breathing in his sleep. This is so good to know! On the down side we will have to make many changes to correct this problem as much as we can. First off, will be removing the carpet in his room (which was something we wanted to do anyways) and change it to laminate. Secondly, sorry Mr. Webkins you can't sleep with Elliott anymore! They will have to be put up! As for me, my allergies have changed over the years. I have grown out of some, but have added different ones! Great! So no longer am I allergic to pollen, ragweed and dust. I am still allergic to mold (that's probably a good thing) who wants to be around that?!?! But I'm now also allergic to MILK? WHAT? Are you kidding me? However, it is not completely a surprise. Although I don't remember it, I was allergic to milk until the age of one. Of course I don't remember that and can't remember a day in my life without dairy. Until my first son came along and we found out he was allergic to the "protein" in milk. This was discovered a month after he was born. I had supplemented him at our Thanksgiving get together and he was just sick! So after taking him to the hospital and them coming to the conclusion that he was protein intulerant I was to cut it out of my diet as well as long as I was breast feeding! EEK! What a challenge! Needless to say I only lasted until Christmas and that was the end of that. They figured he would grow out of it in a few years...well 8 years later, with no, milk, ice cream, yogurt, cheese, cream of anything soups, cookies or chocolate, Braydn is now freed from this allergy! Now apparently I have it! What? I should clarify that it obviously isn't severe. They have also not yet advised me to eliminate it from my diet. They are doing further testing as they don't think that is the reason for my problem. My problem? I get stuffed up when I eat and my throat gets a frog in it. It is just plain weird I know. But it is a uncomfortable! So we will see what happens when we get the results back.

For my birthday I'm going to get a Miche purse, remember when I posted about those? I have to go out of town to get it though, so a friend of mine and I are going this Friday night.

Saturday I will be working at the Scrapbook store. I'm hoping to complete a project for a class that I want to teach as a Mother's Day gift. I'll be finishing it tonight and tomorrow night. Sunday I'm getting together with friends to scrapbook for the afternoon. So I'm really looking forward to that. Its been a long time!

One the weekend of my birthday me and my ya-ya sisters are heading to Beamsville for the weekend to hang. We only get together about 3 times a year so we are always pumped to get together!

I also wanted to share a layout that I squeezed in this weekend. The only thing I have bought new so far this year from the CHA winter release was each of the Bella Bella and Bloom & Grow paper collections from MME. This is from the Bella Bella French Flea Market Line. All of the patterned paper and the title. The florish and the heart are from Fancy Pants Daily Grind Line. I also used a ticket from Creative Cafe and Making Memories mini letters, plus a tag from a previous MME line, 29th Street I think!


I ordered this stuff from my friend Rosa at The Paper Passion. My new favourite online Canadian Scrapbook Store! If you haven't checked out her store you really should! Her prices are the best! She just got in all the Pink Paislee Collections, which I for one, was dieing to have. I should be getting my scrappy mail today! :)
This is one of the best pictures ever of my husband and I together. Between us, he is hard to take a good photo! Again complements go to my friend April of April Mandeville Photography. You will be seeing much more of her work in the future.

I'll hopefully have time tomorrow to upload all of the wedding layouts that I have been working on for my dad's book that I mentioned a few weeks back. Happy Hump Day!

4 comments:

Julie Overby said...

Very pretty layout!!

Anabelle O'Malley said...

I LOVE your layout. IT's so elegant. Bummer about the allergies. Hope you can make some adjustments that won't affect you all too much.

Leigh Penner said...

Gorgeous layout, Laina!! What a nice picture of you two!
I'm sorry to hear about your allergy situation. My kids would be so sad to not sleep with their webkinz and I can't imagine being allergic to milk-- I ♥ milk!
Wishing you an early happy birthday... so fun that you have so much to look forward to about it!

Audrey Pettit said...

I can really relate to your allergy problems. We have the same thing going on in our house. Both myself and my kiddos are extremely allergic to just about everything. We've all been tested, and my DD and I started allergy shots last November. My son decided he wanted nothing to do with that. It's going to take a super long time, but hopefully this will help. It's awful when your allergic to dust mites, because you can never fully get rid of them. Good luck with all that of.
Sounds like you've got some real fun stuff going on this month. Hope you enjoy every moment. And your page is adorable. I love that round shape.