Friday, December 19, 2008

Blast of Winter!

Right now we are getting a great big blast of old man winter! Brrrrr! It is expected to last for most of the day! And all to happen on the very last day of school. Lots of fun. There is no doubt that we are going to have a white Christmas!

I just wanted to share the mini albums that I put together to give to our families for Christmas.

I should also mention that this mini album and the "Let it Snow" blocks from my previous post are going to be offered as classes at "Crop Til You Drop" in the New Year. Details to follow later.


Each one is slightly different. I had to use paper that matched the 3 different coloured Carousel Notes (the scalloped circles) that I bought from Stampin' Up. And of course I can't take complete credit for the idea, although I modified it for my needs :) It actually started out as a purse design. Just turn it over on its side and add ribbon for handles...can you picture it?

Okay(LOL) here is a picture of the one my Stampin' Up Demonstrator-Jackie Bultje made. Isn't it too cute?Here is the inside of one of mine. Sorry about the crappy photo. I'm really going to have to figure out my camera. I am not a photographer! I admit it! I'm a point and shoot girl ;)


These are hidden inside of the envelope. One on each side where you see the words "Forever" & "Always" on the tabs.So remember these are Christmas presents so ssssshhhhhhh! Don't tell anyone! ;) Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and wraps up all their holiday needs. Or if you are local, I hope you get to stay in nice and warm. Grab yourself a cup of hot cocco and let the creative juices flow! Cheers!

9 comments:

david santos said...

Brilliant!!!!
Have a nice weekend.

Julie Overby said...

JUST beautiful!!! I wish I had got something like this together for my family members. They are going to LOVE these!

Anonymous said...

WOW those albums are so nice love them, and I cannot for it to snow here .. I doubt it will, but that would be awesome..Happy Friday

Gems said...

Beautiful! I'm sure the recipients will love them :o) xxx

scrappygirl said...

The albums turned out so nive Laina! Your blog looks good too--all decked out for the holidays!

Shanna said...

Wow Laina! You're so stinkin' talented! love these!

Shaina Longstreet said...

wow!!! those books are awesome. :D the colors and pictures are fantastic.

thanks for stopping by my blog. i'm definitely gonna be back to yours. :D

ellen s. said...

gorgeous!!!

Anonymous said...

Your album turned out so nice Laina, way to go!!