Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Where Do I Start???

First off, I hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas! I haven't been able to post for days and it has been killing me! We have been having internet problems and it has prevented me from posting and I have had sooooo much going on that I would like to share.

First for the bad news. On Saturday we had flooding in our bedroom. Yes our bedroom is in the basement. The worst part is we just renovated the room in the fall and have only been able to enjoy it completed for 2 months now. We put in all new laminates and they are ruined! :( Lucky it was only our room effected but nevertheless it looks like we will be doing it again. We aren't sure at this point if insurance is going to cover it and even if it does we don't know if the damage will amount to more then our deductible. We have been in this house going on our fifth year with no troubles at all. Nor did the owners before us. It was because the system just couldn't get a break from all the water that rained and then thawed all the snow we had. On Saturday we had 66 degree weather!! Just days earlier we were hit with a ton of snow! So BIZARRE!

Just because a picture is worth a thousand words here is a picture of us putting in the floor after we painted and then the finished product.

Every thing you see is brand new! From the furniture, to the bedding to the Ikea wardrobes! Unfortunately, we will have to uninstall the wardrobes because they are on top of the floors. Yes I'm crying.
Now for something that makes me happy! There are the fun gifts we gave the kids teachers for Christmas this year. I made one in blue and one in red.

Have you ever heard of Snowman's Soup???? It goes like this:

When it's so cold that you holler and whoop,
It's time to bring out the Snowman Soup!
Pour the packet in a mug.
Add the snowballs too.
And throw in the kisses from the snowman to you.
Now add some hot water and use the cane to stir it.
Sip slowly and soon you'll feel the warm winter spirit.
Isn't he the cutest??






















And for some more major cuteness here are a couple of pictures from Christmas morning. Elliott with is puppy Biscuit, that Santa left him.


And this picture shows the excitement on the kids faces when they opened their Wii.

Now for some of my excitement. I'm so thrilled that I'm finally done this project! I've been working on it for quite sometime. This was our family vacation last summer (2007) This is my first big project that I have used my Bind it All for. It is amazing! Love it. Enjoy!













And lastly I want to show you what I got for Christmas. Anyone who knows this gal well enough knows that all I really would like for Christmas is scrappy goodness. But that can prove to be a very difficult thing to buy for someone who has a much as I do. So I asked for some racks from Ikea to do some more organizing in my room. Now, last year at this time I was VERY busily switching rooms with my son. I was taking his little bedroom for my larger scrapbook room. I was not to anxious about losing all my space but as it turned out I ended up with an awesome little room! These are the pictures of my room last year after the project was completed.


And here are the pictures that include my new racks. One is holding the majority of my punches over my container storage.









Then I have two addition sections on the other wall. Do you see my owl??? :)

Here I have my embossing powders, glitter, staz on, glimmer mist and stickles stored in the baskets.






















Here I have some of my Prima's and paint.






















I'm so thrilled with the space I have gained from adding these racks!

So there you have it. Sorry for the long post, but I hope it was worth it. Packed with lots of fun! (okay well for the most part!)

3 comments:

crazy4scrappin said...

Looks great Laina and well organized...I hope to move to the main floor this year and be able to organize and make it look as pretty as you have.
Where did you get the owl..very cute.

Sheri said...

Sorry to read about your floors Laina. How disappointing and frustrating is that. It has indeed been an odd winter thus far.
Love your scrap space!
The vacation album - great job!
Happy New Year to you and yours!

Leigh Penner said...

Wow, where to start???
Your bedroom is gorgeous.
As is your album you made!!
And as for your scraproom, all I can say is: "Can I come over and scrap with you?" ;)