Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Look What We Got Last Night!

Yup lots of snow! It was a beautiful night! We all went out for a family walk after supper to enjoy the winter wonderland! And of course to make snow angels.
Now I promised some scrappy goodies this time. So here we are. A few things I have been working on the last few weeks. First off My "Let it Snow" blocks for our basement to go along with my snowman theme tree!

Then I totally lifted this from Davinie at CMK who designs for Pink Paislee. You can see her's here. Isn't it beautiful? I loved the Pink Paislee papers with it, but unfortunately that wouldn't have matched my theme so this is what I did.

How stinkin' clever huh? It was so easy to do too! The only thing was by the time I was done my hand was killing me from all the punching! But so worth it! Thanks for the inspiration Davinie!

Doesn't my pail of snowballs look perfect with Mr. Snowman? I love it! Next, is a challenge I did over at CMK. Lisa supplies us with a weekly sketch on Fridays to be put in a draw at the end of the month for all that participate and get it done each week by the deadline. Unfortunately, I didn't make the deadline, but this is the first week out of like the last 12 that I have been able to even touch it, so I'm very pleased. I sure hope to be able to do more in the future. This is the sketch: And this is what I came up with. I use the October kit also from CMK. Have I mentioned how much I love that place! It is the best! I'm so glad I found it. The ladies there are not only wonderful people, but they are so truly talented. And Lisa the owner is absolutely, fabulous! She puts up with me so that has to say something! :) LOL

I also have some mini albums to share that I have been working on for Christmas, so I will post them next time. Thanks so much for stopping by! :)






4 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Great projects, Laina!
They all look fabulous!!
(I was going to make those snowballs, too, but I never got around to it. Oh well, maybe next year...)

Audrey Pettit said...

Hi Laina! Love your photos and love your projects today! How cool to get all that snow! My kids would flip! I love your snowman blocks and your bucket of snowballs, too. I, too, was totally inspired by Davinie's project. My DD made one snowball, but then kinda got tired of it, I guess. I really like your take on it with your colors.
And your CMK sketch page is fabulous. I keep seeing and hearing about the weekly challenges, but have yet to have the time to play along. Hope that changes soon.

Lucy Edson said...

Oh, I love your snow photos!! I have be uselessly wishing for snow in Florida for Christmas! ;D

Fabulous job with the sketch from CMK!!

crazy4scrappin said...

Too funny...I have the pail of snowballs on my list of things to do too....love your take on it. It does look great with Mr. Snowman.
Your albums turn out good too...I am sure everyone will love them.